Terms of Reference/Policy
Intent: To provide relief and support to the members of our Local OPSEU Unit during an emergency situation that imposes temporary financial hardship on the individual.
Whereas, many locals under OPSEU have a hardship Fund for their members in their annual budget;
And whereas; there may be, unforeseen and extreme financial needs of our members;
Therefore be it resolved, that Local 475 will set up an immediate Hardship Fund to assist our members, with the following terms and conditions:
1. Definition of Hardship: unforeseen circumstance or situation in which there is and immediate, severe and temporary financial need.
2. Budget: Total amount of Hardship Fund available per fiscal year: $3,000
3. If all funds are depleted within the fiscal year, no additional funds will be transferred to the Hardship Fund and a member will have to resubmit their request in the new fiscal year.
4. Funds transferred to the member will be gifts. No loans will be provided.
5. Maximum amount of financial gift per request $250.
6. Maximum number of financial gifts per member per year: 2 (for a total of $500)
7. Members requesting access to the funds must provide documentation/receipts/invoices to support their request.
8. All Three (3) members of the Hardship Fund Committee will be required to make the decision.
If you are in need of hardship funds, please fill out the application form below and send to your local president Jeffrey Eamer for review
**Your request could take up to 7-10 business days for review**